150 Park Street
North Reading, MA 01864
(978) 664-3170 fax
LEAPS / CJIS Unit
Sergeant Derek Howe- Officer in Charge
Officer Roger Wulleman
The CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System) Representative(s) shall act as a liaison to CHSB (Criminal History Systems Board) to ensure the proper administration of CJIS at the agency level.
The responsibilities of the CJIS Representative include:
- Ensuring that training is available to all authorized CJIS users within six (6) months of employment and every two years thereafter.
- Providing certificates of achievement for the successful completion of training.
- Ensuring the validation process is completed and is submitted to the CSS Unit on or before each month's specified due date.
- Proper password maintenance as required by CJIS security policy, including disabling of accounts for individuals who have been suspended, fired, retired or have voluntarily terminated their own employment.
- Distribution of publications to agency personnel as directed by the CHSB. Comply with any rule, regulation or directive set forth by CHSB.